The province of BC is allowing face to face counselling again if safety measures are implemented. To accommodate different needs I now offer three options:
Face to face, telephone, or video counselling.
Face to face
1. If you have fever, cough, difﬁculty breathing, or feel sick
please reschedule your appointment or switch to phone/
2. If you have been in contact with someone who has Covid-19 (tested or having those symptoms), or have been travelling, please let me know. Switching to tele-counselling for 2 weeks is best.
3. I will sanitize the ofﬁce space before each meeting and we will adhere to the 2 meter physical distancing.
4. Call me when you arrive. I will open the door for you and walk you to the ofﬁce.
You need a good phone connection—best to have a headset or ear pods for your comfort—and a quiet space where you have privacy and won’t be disturbed.
I offer video visits through a secure service provider called Medeo. Before the ﬁrst meeting you will need to download the Medeo app and set up an account with Medeo. I will then send you an invitation for a meeting.
For this to work, you’ll need a reliable internet connection and either
• a smartphone or tablet running Android or iOS, or
• a computer with reliable high-speed Internet and the Google Chrome browser, plus
• a webcam, microphone, and either speakers or headphonesContact me via email or phone if you have questions and to set up an appointment.
But somehow, that’s not what you have right now.
Perhaps you still do. You long for good things and satisfying relationships. But something is wrong. It may be that you know what it is. It may be you just don’t understand.
You try to be strong and keep going. The best way to get through this is to ignore the discomfort. You find ways to cope, but disappointment and perhaps even pain keeps eating at you.
Perhaps you just give up altogether and accept a life of grey unhappiness.
I offer somewhere that it is okay to be unhappy, or hurt, or angry, or whatever other feelings we have. Those kinds of feelings can get in the way of life, but they are usually trying to tell us something.
We need to get to know those feelings and get to understand what they are about. Then we can begin working towards a life that really is worth living and a you that feels right.
Agape Counselling is the private counselling practice of Lucia Eitzen, MA, CCC.
I offer multilingual counselling in English, German, and Spanish.